On this episode of the Bike Shed, Chris is joined by Christina Entcheva, developer from thoughtbot's New York studio who has been a product manager and designer previously in her career, but has since settled in to her role as a developer.
Chris & Christina share a conversation ranging from their shared love of "boring Rails apps", Christina's recent work with headless CMSs like Contentful & Prismic, and a discussion around Rails performance. Throughout the conversation they touch on theme's of keeping a focus on user needs throughout the work of developing applications.
- Essential Scala book
- Nate Berkopec
- The Complete Guide to Rails Performance
- Mark/Compact GC in MRI - Aaron Patterson
- Benchmark module in Ruby
- Postgres Table Partitioning
- Getting Real book by Basecamp
- It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work
- Upcase is now Free!
- Testing Interaction with 3rd-party APIs on Upcase
- Composition Over Inheritance on Upcase