Derek and Sean discuss hypothetical changes to Rails routing before turning their attention toward hunting memory bloat and the proposal that strings be frozen by default in Ruby 3.
- The Bike Shed listeners make
- Derek tries to explain the trouble with unrestricted routes to a client.
- The trouble with singular resources and
derailed benchmarksto find memory leaks and bloat.
- ActiveRecord memory bloat
- Matz: String literals frozen by default in Ruby 3
- The issue for discussion because Twitter is terrible for these things.
- The trouble with symbols
- Required keyword argument syntax is ugly.