Steph Viccari joins Chris for a conversation starting with a discussion of some deployment and orchestration issues Chris was helping out with, followed by some of Steph's recent experiences with JSONB in postgres and the relative trade-offs of unstructured data.
The heart of the conversation revolves around the core processes we use to develop software touching on sprint planning & story points, deadlines, the place for refactoring and code review in the regular cadence of development, and the often lamented retrospective meeting.
- Aptible - PAAS with strong security and HIPAA compliance
- Heroku Shield
- Google hiding www in URLs
- Auth0 - Identity management and auth as a service
- ActiveStorage - Rails's built in filie attachment framework
- Postgres JSON & JSONB Types
- The Real Story Behind Story Points
- Laurie Young Post on His Use of Story Points
- XKCD - And Check Whether the Photo is of a Bird
- Headspace meditation