On this week's episode, Chris is joined by Eebs Kobeissi, a developer in our Boston studio, for a discussion encompassing the front end, back end, and everything in between. They start by discussing Eebs' recent work with both Elm & TypeScript, and the relative merits of these two strongly typed languages for the front end. From there they move on to a discussion around the different communities and rates of change in each.
Shifting gears, Chris then asks Eebs about his experience with more distributed systems and technologies like JSON Web Tokens, ElasitcSearch, RabbitMQ, Kafka, and more.
They round out the conversation with a discussion around some recent security discussions in package managers and their collective surprise that things work at all.
- Matz replies to post around Ruby moving slowly
- TypeScript Growing Popularity on State of JS 2018
- JSON Web Tokens (JTW)
- RSA Public Key Cryptography
- Postgres Full Text Search
- Event Sourcing
- Details about the event-stream incident
- Transcendence and the Future of React with Laurie Voss
Thank you to One Month for sponsoring this episode.